Building with earth and bamboo
Dates: 6 – 11 January 2020; 2 – 7 March 2020
Click here to see the full calendar.
This 6 day workshop is mostly based on practise. We will build together a small building with a bamboo structure and earth walls.
• Introduction to bamboo: the material and its properties
• Bamboo treatment against fungi, termites and insects
• Cutting, sawing, drilling bamboo (use of machete, hand saw, electric drill)
• Joining techniques
• Making the bamboo structure and the roof
• Introduction to earth building
• Preparing earth mix
• Building earth walls (Cob, Wattle and daub)
• Earth plastering
After this course, practise more on a real building project by joining one of our ‘Learn and Build’ workshops and get 20% discount.
The course will be held at our centre, 25 kms south of Chiang Rai, and will have a maximum of 8 participants.
Trainer: Alain Madec, natural builder and founder of ‘Baan Din Doi’.
Course schedule: 8.30 to 18.00 with several breaks; Lunch break: 12.00 to 14.00
We can pick up participants the day before the workshop begins at Chiang Rai airport or at the bus station and will give you more details by email. To know how to get to Chiang Rai, click here.
We will provide you with:
- a simple accommodation in a tent and a comfortable mattress (or a mattress and mosquito net in our dormitory)
- an area with hammocks and mats to relax in the shade
- an area to play volley-ball or badminton
Wifi and 220 V electricity are available.
All meals will be vegetarian food with some meat and fish options.
We ask all participants to refrain from any illegal drug use or excessive drinking in our centre.
9,000 baht/person (approximately 260 euros, 290 USD) including instruction, accommodation, all meals during the course, pick-up and drop-off at the Chiang Rai airport or bus terminals.
For more information or registration Contact firstname.lastname@example.org