2020 Dates: 20 – 23 January, 15 – 18 February, 2 – 5 March, 9 – 12 March
Click here to see the full calendar.
This 4-day hands-on workshop is a chance to practise 3 techniques on a real building. The beginning of the construction was filmed and can be seen here.
- You will use natural materials such as earth, sand, straw, rice husk.
- You will practise soil testing, making earth mix, earth plastering.
You will also learn basic knowledge about thermal mass, passive cooling and heating.
And … You will also learn by observing and commenting Baan Din Doi buildings.
The workshop will be held at our centre, 25 kms south of Chiang Rai, and will have a maximum of 4 participants.
Trainer: Alain Madec, natural builder and founder of ‘Baan Din Doi’.
Workshop schedule: 8.30 to 17.30 with several breaks; Lunch break: 12.00 to 14.00
- a simple accommodation in a tent and a comfortable mattress (or a mattress and mosquito net in our dormitory)
- an area with hammocks and mats to relax in the shade
- an area to play volley-ball or badminton
Wifi and 220 V electricity are available.
All meals will be vegetarian food with some meat and fish options.
We ask all participants to refrain from any illegal drug use or excessive drinking in our centre.
6,200 baht/person (approximately 180 euros, 195 USD) including instruction, accommodation, all meals during the course, pick-up and drop-off at the Chiang Rai airport or bus terminals.
For more information or registration Contact firstname.lastname@example.org